How much Red do you need in your lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafy0126

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to add some red leds to my light but how much is enough? is a 125 with a 72" led light at 6500 k. Do I need some as long as the light or just enough for light tint.

Any tank with just daylight bulbs looks too "bright" or too white.. If you mix bulbs that are pink with white daylight bulbs it looks way better.. Pink bulbs.. always bring out color in your tank but they also have high reds and blues in them for the plants... The white bulbs are white because they have a lot of blue and green and some reds..

As for how much red... More blue/red the better your plants will grow... The plants need reds in the 600-700NM range... 600 being more orange, and 650-700 being more deep red

Any tank with just daylight bulbs looks too "bright" or too white.. If you mix bulbs that are pink with white daylight bulbs it looks way better.. Pink bulbs.. always bring out color in your tank but they also have high reds and blues in them for the plants... The white bulbs are white because they have a lot of blue and green and some reds..

As for how much red... More blue/red the better your plants will grow... The plants need reds in the 600-700NM range... 600 being more orange, and 650-700 being more deep red

That's what the rgb fixture I have is. It has 2 red diodes,1 blue, and one green on each led. It gives off the same color as an aquaflora bulb.

Back
Top Bottom