How often to add root tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
I have a 55g tank that I am planting, slowly but surely. So far, I have 2 swords and a windelov java fern. They have been in the tank for 3 weeks. I added 2 large narrow leaf swords, and a compacta sword yesterday.
I have tahitian moon sand, and have added seachem flourish root tabs under each sword when I planted them. I dose with API Leaf Zone weekly, and API Co2 Booster twice a week. Plants are doing well, I have seen a lot of growth from the two swords, and the java fern is staring to sprout a couple new leaves.
My question is, how often should I add new root tabs? The first two swords were planted and tabbed 3 weeks ago, and are doing great. How long do these root tabs usually last?

I add root tabs every two or three weeks, using one tab for each 6" diameter of growth. I should probably do it more often, but this works. My tank is almost the same size as yours (50g).

For a week or so after tabbing, they're a vibrant green. Then they start to fade a little. Then i add more. My guess would be that they last around a week, for mine anyway.

Even doing it so rarely, my wisteria and amazon swords are growing pretty fast. Every week or two i'm having to clip them.

Back
Top Bottom