how safe is CO2 injection??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dash_0210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how safe is CO2 injection.wont it harm my fishes?how far can i go using before its overdose?..im using my DIY CO2 injector

moving this to planted tanks, where it belongs.

More tank details, how big, how many plants, what kind of diy co2 you running? All these factor together to tell whether or not it is safe. However, I have basically heard that you cannot inject so much co2 with a diy setup as to kill your fish.

corvus..its a 50 gal tank..im using a yeast based injector(1 tablespoon yeast,1 baking soda,2/3 cups sugar,1.5 L water), i fed the airline tube to the intake of my power head and produces 3 bubbles per second. i think the best way to descirbe the plants is by weight, its bout 1/2 kilo. hope that helps..thanx

Totally safe, no problems with that setup! your plants will love you, and give off plenty of O2 for your fish!

1 tablespoon of yeast - yikes!

do you mean teaspoon instead?

the more yeast you have, the more gas they will produce, and the quicker they will give themselves alcohol poisoning and/or consume all their sugar.

try cutting back on the yeast (2 tsp works great for me!), and increase the sugar to around 2 cups ... this mix usually lasts me about 3 weeks.

thanx guys. i think ur right bout that glm. jus built my co2 injector yesterday and used 1 tablespoon of yeast..and my yeasts died(co2 production halted) :( jus after 24 hours...im using brown sugar though , does sugar type matter??

Back
Top Bottom