how to add liquid ferts to tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raimeiken

Aquarium Advice Activist
do i have to mix it all up in a separate container with water from the tank? And should i follow the dosage that's written on the bottle? I know i have to test the nitrate and phosphate first before adding that stuff, but how do i know how much i'm should put for the FE and K? I also bought tropica master grow, how much should i put in the tank? [50gal tank heavy planted]

I cant answer for the tropica master grow, I dont use it. On my liquid fertz I use the little dropper that came with the flourish, and dose flourish twice a week at the recommended dose, and on the kent I dose daily, at the recommended dose, or just slightly higher. Personaly I dose each one seperatly.

You want to dose iron to a minimum of 0.1 ppm according to the directions on the bottle. You can dose more. But you can also end up with problems doing so. But normally you can dose at a minimum of 2x the recommended dose. K, well I don't add extra K beyond what the KNO3 adds. If you want to add more K then hit my FAQ and download the nutrient calculator and figure out how much you need to dose to reach what ever level you want. The TMG I would dose at a minimum of 2x the recommended dosage.

ok i just got my ferts. I tested the water for nitrates and i got 1ppm and .1 ppm of phos.

I just dosed the tank with nitrates and phos, [however much the label said] now how do i know that i have 10ppm of nitrates and 1 ppm of phos? should i test the water right after i dosed or should i wait for a couple of hours?

BTW i'm using the kent products.

Back
Top Bottom