How to get rid of cloudiness from root tabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BolivianRams

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently just changed 80% of water in my tank and disturbed some particles up on the substrate. Now my tank is foggy and I was wondering when that will clear up etc. Are there anything I can put in my filter to speed up the process? ;)

What kind of substrate? If it is sand or something like that TURN YOUR FILTER OFF until everything settles, particles that could suck up into your filter and break it. Otherwise just let it set for an hour or two and you should be good.

Little confused by your title, Are you saying the root tabs are making your water cloudy or the particles coming up from your substrate from it being disturbed.

Also how did you add the water again since you did a 80% water change. Pouring it in directly would cause a lot of disturbances.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/my-first-planted-tank-45g-journal-126411-5.html#post1081730

If you look at post 43, it is my tank slowly settling everything down. It only took about a day.

But it might also deal with your substrate. A lighter particle is more easily disturbed and will take longer to settle

Cloudiness from root-tabs

Had this happen the first time I used the API tabs.While trying to bury one in the substrate in a tight spot between the driftwood and the back of the tank I fumbled it.Couldn't find it so thought it might be buried after all.Turned the tank into a grey fog within a day.Just did PWC'S until things cleared.You want to make sure they are buried in the substrate and add water gently so as not to expose them.

Had this happen the first time I used the API tabs.While trying to bury one in the substrate in a tight spot between the driftwood and the back of the tank I fumbled it.Couldn't find it so thought it might be buried after all.Turned the tank into a grey fog within a day.Just did PWC'S until things cleared.You want to make sure they are buried in the substrate and add water gently so as not to expose them.

Odd I never heard of root tabs causing cloudiness, but then again I never heard of root tabs till 2-3 weeks ago. I recently put about 3 in my tank and so far tank is clear, I do not want to test if i don't bury it!

Cloudines from root-tabs

I only experienced the cloudy water situation from that one that wasn't buried.Used them since with no ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom