How to plant in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello
I have a new tank that has been set up and i want to add plants. I was just curious how an Anubis plant can be planted with gravel or would it be better to plant it in its own little thing?

Where would be a good place to find driftwood. My LPS doesn't sell them.

Usually only smaller pet stores have it or you can try online. None of the bigger chain pet stores carry it.

Petco, despite the bad rap alot give them, has some good stuff.

The Frankfurt one had plant friendly led lights, and not that pricey either...

Also had quite a few selections of drug. Woods, including mopani, and more standard kinds. Price wasn't bad either...

20long hitech/10gal shrimptech

Okay thank you. I'm going to check at petco.
Any chance I'll find a sinking drift wood. I don't want one floating at the top.

If it's real driftwood it'll sink. I've never bought driftwood anywhere that float.
False:blink:

Driftwood has a TENDENCY to sink, because what is it?
Its wood, its pores, and has air inside. When we put it in water, some will sink, most of mine have sunk.
BUT some will not. Thats because the wood is dense, and needs to have the air work its way out.
Some people will float wood for a week, those pieces are usually big, and shaped wierd, and need special sinking help.
Most SMALL pieces will sink pretty fast.
IMO wood that sinks faster leaches more tannins than wood that takes longer, but that is an opinion of mine, and not fact.

Driftwood floats AND sinks
aquarium deco has SUNK....

Manzanita sinks fast and hardly leeches anything. I only had to change water for mine twice. Pretty sure you can find manzanita online in the USA.
We can't buy it here online.

Okay. Thank you. By any chance do you know if ebay will be a good option to buy wood from?

Anywhere trustable. Cheap is good

but id rather spend an extra few bucks and know the place my stuff came from was clean, some people are gross... But businesses have to follow rules... Food for thought.

Ps:alotta people buy stuff from eBay and haven't had a single issue ever ever, im just paranoid... It may be the beer...:p

20long hitech/10gal shrimptech

Back
Top Bottom