How to rid snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey,
I have a pond snail problem also. I also have Mystery snails in the tank I want to put assassin snails in. Will my assassin snails bother my mystery snails or will i need to take the mystery snails out?

Once you smashed, you just break their shell, does the fish can eat the broken shell? Can they get sick from eating the broken shell? Or do you try to separate the snail from the broken shell before feed them to the fish?

I just squish it and drop it. The fish tear it apart if it's too big and eat the whole thing if it's small. I never read they could sick from eating the shell. I wouldn't think so because they sure love to eat them even without my help, straight off the glass and plants and sometimes out of the substrate. Never had a problem so far :)

Lovin Fish said:
I just squish it and drop it. The fish tear it apart if it's too big and eat the whole thing if it's small. I never read they could sick from eating the shell. I wouldn't think so because they sure love to eat them even without my help, straight off the glass and plants and sometimes out of the substrate. Never had a problem so far :)

Tha ks for your answer

Hey,
I have a pond snail problem also. I also have Mystery snails in the tank I want to put assassin snails in. Will my assassin snails bother my mystery snails or will i need to take the mystery snails out?

One of my assassins killed a mystery snail, even though it was much larger than he was.

Finally I see a definite progress... Meaning I see less snails than before, and
Pols like that they keep going down....
The vegetables did not worked for me, lettuce or zucchini, few snails attached to the vegetables and every time that I tried to pull it out, half dropped as soon as they felt the movement.

What worked for me was:
1. Reducing the amount of food offered to the fish, I was overfeeding.
2. Assassin snails, I added 8 to my tank, they started slow but surely are eating tiny pond snails.
3. Removing by hand, I started to remove 20 to 30 every day, no I don't bother any more because I barely see 5 to 8 in the mornings, and I know that my assassins will eat them soon.

Thanks to all that help me here.

I started the same three step process (only I added 4 assassins) a few weeks ago and I'm seeing less snails too.

Back
Top Bottom