How to set up a CO2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking for a good bubble counter and co2 dispenser. Any ideas??

Looking for a good bubble counter and co2 dispenser. Any ideas??

Bubble counters are dime a dozen... Just follow reviews. I like using Amazon for that

As for a dispenser you need a regulator valve. This valve fits on top of a standard CO2 tank and reduces the pressure from tank PSI down to whatever you choose to set it at (about 30 PSI)

your regulator should include 2 gauges one to read bottle PSI, and one to read your output PSI. The output of the regulator needs ot include a electrical solenoid valve that can be controlled. I use a standard 120VAC solenoid and a 120VAC timer.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-cerges-co2-reactor-biofilter-357263.html

When injecting CO2 into your tank you have to dissovle the CO2 so it can be absorbed into the water column. Otherwise you will just be pushing big bubbles to the water surface and out. I recommend building a reactor instead of using a standard disc diffuser for that job. A reactor does a much better job of dissolving CO2 into the water (less waste, and better control). It also provides an secondary method of directing waterflow, and a reactor can also serve as a 2nd mechanical filter for your tanks. Lots of positives going with a reactor over a diffuser.

Basically if your going high tech with CO2 injection don't short arm the diffusing method. Go reactor IMO

Back
Top Bottom