How to set up a leaf substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. I just bought 10 indian almond leaves from eBay. How many do I put in a 25 gallon tank? What sponges do I need to remove? How long until they colour the water? How dark will it get?

I would start with 1 leaf and remove any carbon in your filters. They start coloring the water pretty quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

if they're the 10" ones. Maybe 2-3 for starts, if you want it way dark than double that after a couple weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But keep in mind your plants are not going to get much light this way.

I add one large leaf to my 29g and it tints the water and my plants still thrive.

Okay so the leaves arrived. I'm going to add them once my other fish die cuz I want to breed rosy tetras.

:/ if you really don't want them try bringing them to a lfs? It seems kinda mean to just let them die. Are they sick or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay so the leaves arrived. I'm going to add them once my other fish die cuz I want to breed rosy tetras.

I hope you mean die of old age. There is always craigslist if you want to give them up.

Back
Top Bottom