How to set up a refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCB0612

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be setting up a 1.5 gallon refugium for my pride and joy- my 20 gallon planted community. I know it's small but I would like to lower nitrates and algae and also a safe place to culture amphi and Copepoda and also a place to keep feeder guppies as a constant fry live food supply. Any tips or tricks?

Finnex makes a refugium. I'm ordering a second I like it so much. It comes with or without the light. I put my cory eggs in mine to hatch them. That's it hanging outside my cory tank. $32 on Amazon without the light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1440826183362.jpg
    1440826183362.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 73
Is there a reason youre going soo small? Generally, a refugiums effectiveness is directly tied to its size.

The finnex looks good... can i have the dimensions? And FYI love cories. my 10 year old albino female Frankie died recently... one of my first fish. have 3 julii 2 bronchis sp. 3 peppered and 3 albino

10.2 x 5.5 x 5 . It's small but it's fine for what I'm doing. I don't hatch many eggs at once and when they reach a certain point they go in a 10g for grow out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom