how to ship snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m-man

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a ton of ramshorn snails, i want to remove most of them, i was going to post on the classifieds or barter/trade, but how do i ship them, will anyone even want them?

I send MTS by putting a piece of newspaper in a bowl. Then I pour tank water over the paper so soak it. Then drop the snails ontop of the newspaper and fold it up. I let it sit for a few minutes to really soak in the water and then put it into a ziplock bag. I also usually put in a little extra water, just in case.

I'd follow FF's advice. The only issue is if you are shipping to a cool climate. If so, I would wrap the ziplock in a no longer needed towel.

I'm always in the hunt for ramshorns. Post your requirements in the classifieds. (y)

I have shipped Ramshorns as suggested above, in a soaked papertowel. I use USPS Priority Post. You can ship a small bag of snails anywhere for $4.05, and it gets there in 2-3 days.
A lot depends on where you ship them from and to. Cali and southwestern states can ship all year long. To send stuff up north in the winter may take some extra effort.

Back
Top Bottom