how to store plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremyblevins

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so i just received a shipment of plants. but i haven't redone my 55 gallon tank yet so i'm wondering what the best place to do with the plants would be.

Rubbermaid bin and a light. I've done it on a smaller scale with an ice cream bucket and kept it on the counter or next to my 20g that has a 30" T5 light. That's with all low-light to med-light plants.

Jim is right.

If you want a nicer look, you can keep them in glass bowls, vases or other containers. If they are high light, keep them closer to a real window. As water evaporates, replenish with old tank water when you do PWC.

I've kept some plants in my window for months this way and it actually looks attractive.

short term you can just float them. if its going to be some time big jim option is a good one.

well unfortunately someone elsewhere already told me to put them in the tank so they're already in there. so now whats the best/cheapest to completely get rid of snails and algae from the plants when it's time to transfer?

Back
Top Bottom