How to use dry ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I bought the dry ferts Mono Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, and Plantex CSM+B. I have a 55 gallon tank that I am going to begin planting, thats why i bought these. I'm not really sure how to mix them other than Mono Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, and Potassium Nitrate go into one jug of distilled water, while Plantex CSM+B goes into a different jug of distilled water. I just don't know how much of each goes into a 1gallon jug, does anyone know? I also heard that you have to refrigerate the fertilizer is that true? And finally I read that you put in a drop of fertilizer per gallon until you feel your tank needs more, is that right? Thanks

Yes, you start out with one to two drops and a Max of 4. The mixture is different for everyone there are easy to find receipts on YouTube and Google look up the EI method. Biggest amount I've read being made is 500ml also instead of messing with drops and counting 20 drops equal a ml

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBQszwwrvI

Dose them dry. Easier IMO, and gives you more control. Research the "Estimative Index" ("EI") method of dosing.

Before I got your reply i already mixed it with water, so I will see how the plants like it and I how i did it right. Also, do i refrigerate the fertilizer, or just keep it in the fish room?

What are the benefit of dosing it dry? I bought a macro micro premix. So how would I measure it dry?

I'm not doing pressurized but DIY CO2, how would I calculate dry dosage vs making it liquid.

Back
Top Bottom