Hubert's 10g planted tank ~ rescaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday (07/01/11)!! I looked at my 10g and wasn't happy with it at all! All my plants are getting huge!! Especially my water sprite! So i tried trimming it! But wasnt happy because it's looked so bald!!! Decided to uproot both of my water sprite + narrow leaf java fern which was blocking out alot of light! My tank looked so bare and surprisingly Alot better than before! So I went out immediately and brought (1) red ludwigia, (1) sunset hygro, (2) rubra (that's what they called it at my Lfs, though I can't find info on it on plantgeek.net), (1) anubias nana petite and (1) tiger lotus! Planted them and i was satisfied!! My tinkering soul was satisfied!

Oo i also have my Betta in a breeder box right now, until I get a new cycled tank for him. dont worry he's still in a cycled tank just isolated. I did this because i found out that he was the reason y I lost 3 cardinal tetra! He chased one outta the tank, took out a set of eyes on one of my Betta and the third kinda just disappeared so im guessing he got killed at night and my Malaysian trumpet snails ate it! He seems to get along fine with them in the morning but at night he stalks them and chase after them! He's so sneaky!

:) I'll upload pictures tomorrow morning! :)

yay pics. i hate ten gallons. im never satified with my ten gallon so i turned it ino a quarentine.

Haha ya but that's the problem! It was meant to be a QT tank but then it was sitting there empty!!!! So I decided to make it a Betta tank, then a planted tank, then a community tank! Ahahaha I blame my tinkering soul!

hahahahh! i cant wait to get my 20 gallon started. dang bearded dragon taking up a perfectly good fish tank

allaboutfish said:
hahahahh! i cant wait to get my 20 gallon started. dang bearded dragon taking up a perfectly good fish tank

Hmm ya I can't wait to get my new Betta tank soon! Gonna be in my room! Planted! With Betta and shrimps :D I'm a happy man! Not the same story with my parents!! Hahaha "stop wasting money on aquarium blah blah blah!"

allaboutfish said:
lots of filteration!!!!

Ya its quite abit. Was worried that it will blow my Betta out of the tank but no, my Betta is doing great! I think because it's heavily planted so he is able to find his own happy spot! :D

I wanna see it when it's done :) oh and I have 3 10g so hopefully one can stay the qt tank. I kept buying them and saying I need this for My qt and my husband said u say that every time!!! Lol

Heres the pics. Im hoping in a month time, the whole tank will look densier. Hope y'all like it :)

023.jpg026.jpg
can anyone please identify the plant in the 2nd picture? my LFS labelled it as Rubra.

I know a piece of driftwood as a centerpiece will make a huge difference but im having such a hard time looking for a suitable one. i also hate tea colored water. Haha! any suggestions/recommendation will be appreciated! :fish2:

hippy guy said:
Pl? Im asking cause i have a 10 gal community id love to start planting. Any advice on led.s?

Hmm I'm not sure what pl light is tbh. But that's all they had at my Lfs! What are u looking to plant? Best to look into the light requirement of each plant u want before decidin on a fixture. Here's a good link

http://plantgeek.net/

Here's another that teaches u what u need to know about light requirement

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/lighting-guide-for-a-planted-tank-141782.html

Hubert90 said:
Thanks :D ya I love blyxa too! They make a good foreground plant!

I'll have to remember that if I ever go planted... I would love to someday...

Back
Top Bottom