I am a quiter, I know.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am sorry to say that I am really considering tearing down my planted tank. I am so fed up with string algae, I am having to remove it fortnightly (man that is such a cool word, I hope it means every other night). I am going to be tearing down the tank in about 2 weeks if that is the case, and just wanted to let the great people here know. I hope everyone else stays strong. I let the SW bug bite and it wont let me go. Biggen, Corvus, I would steer clear of the SW section at your LFS, it is a lot of money, and fortunately its worth it. All I need to say now is...

Who wants my Hagen CO2? I only used it for about 2 months, and it even comes with some string algae on the diffuser. Obviously I am kidding, I doubt anyone would want that since it is used. Best of luck to you all in the FW world. I will still hang out in the forums, but not in person. And who knows, I might even be gifted with a aquarium miracle and never have algae anymore. I am doubtful of this though.

fornight means two weeks...? :p d9hp... no way!? That sucks... is the algae that bad? I mean what have you've tried to get rid of it? Have you've tried taking everything out and scrubbing it?? you could try replacing the plants in there... you kno how fast everything regrows and multiplies! I'll send you my own plants!! Anyway hope the miracle happens :cry:

Ok, well I need to find a new word to use instead of fortnight. I meant every other night. I scrubbed everything weekly. I replaced the plants 2 times. I have done it all. I am tired of spending money on something that is almost a lost cause. I paid 15 bux for algone and nothing. Nothing eats it. My plants are healthy, my micro sword is spreading, my wiseria is growing, but my heart is dying and so is the wallet. I figure that for a little less than 50 bux I can have something even cooler, and not have FW to deal with. I like being able to make a 5 gallon bucket of SW and using it all on Sat. morning. I really need to win this RO contest though.

hmm good point, well hey who knows maybe one day will be a better day for the FW setup.. dunno why the FW Gods frown upon you.. very strange. good luck!

Good luck buddy. Sorry you weren't able to get those darn algae problems under control.

I, too, was thinking about setting up a 20 gallon mini reef as well. I think it would be cool to have a mini reef on the bar and the FW tank in the living room...

I cannot find SAEs, and getting one shipped is just overkill IMO. I know it may sound crazy, but it will be easier not having to sort out the difference between the tap water jug and the RO water jug. I appreciate all your help, I do feel rather bad about this, but in a way it is better for both tanks. I am taking my lighting from the 5 gallon and changing it with a FLO bulb in the fuge.

Hey, don't sweat it, its cool. I've been in this hobby for a long time. there are many reasons I have torn down and re-done tanks before, nothing wrong with it. You are more into your reef stuff, go for it! Just find homes for your fish!

Don't be a stranger over here in FW d9, you still have good answers for people!

I am still gonna hang out in the FW planted forum. I still have the plant deal in me. I am taking all the fish back to the LFS, they are a good one. They are setting up a show tank, that has been running for about 2 months. I could ask them to dump all of the fish in there and they might give me 5 bux for the lot. I would love to set up another planted tank, but unfortunately I dont have the money to do it the way I want it.

I let the SW bug bite and it wont let me go. Biggen, Corvus, I would steer clear of the SW section at your LFS,
This is why you don't see me in the SW forums, either, it gets too tempting! I've had to work hard to convince myself of no more tanks, esp. SW, as I would soon be dead broke (and probably divorced)!

2 ponds, couple barrel water gardens, 5 tanks, I think thats quite enough, thank you very much!

Yeah the SW bug got me. But I am going to do this very slowly and as cheaply as possible. Not about to spend $500 on a fish tank...

Well, I have taken my fish back, they are in the show tank as I said I would ask, well the tetras are. The others are in the back acclimating and whatnot. I am abou to empty and clean the tank. I am hoping to have it filled with SW by 11 tonite.

it's a tempting move for me as well, but i like my ram to much, and it's such a pretty little tank. plus, i already have 2.5 and the 20L is in the works. errg. stop giving me such ideas!

Back
Top Bottom