I did it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got the nerve, after 2+ years, to pull out the driftwood that had the monster java fern of doom attached to it.

Its a beast, but its seen better days too. Lots of holy leaves due it it basically choking itself out.

The photo shows a normal office sized trashcan, and that's my 75gallon tank behind it. Its well over 16" in diameter.

I just had to make some room for new plants!

Attachments

• im001528_368.jpg
    im001528_368.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 42
Wow thats impressive! I wish mine would actually grow.

that is ridiculusly huge!!! my amazon swords are stating to get a little out of controll to lol i might need to pull one out of my tank. what are u going to do with it? u cant possible be tossing such beautiful plant!!

its sitting on the porch right now.
probably turn it into 50 small plants and trade to my LFS for a couple Demasoni to put in the 75.

wouldnt you think you would make more money selling the 50 instead of trading because will the lfs give you a good amount for them? im sure someone will be willing to by them or that whole thing for a good profit

Wow!

What are you putting in its place?

I wish travis. My fish don't even pretend like they're interested in spawning :( But maybe I need to get the tiger barbs completely outta there, and start raising hardness like you do :)

Lincoln isn't a big plant town.

My other option is to divide that beast and sell it in the classifieds here. Its just a fair amount of work to pack up and ship 5-6 boxes.

I have some large crypt wenditii 'red' and 'bronze' I need to dump too.

I've often heard you speak of this monster and the images conjured up came nowhere close to that massive thing.

Just some background...how old is that thing?

id probably buy some :). i finally spread my plants throughout my tanks, and now they look kinda empty :).

malkore said:
its sitting on the porch right now.
probably turn it into 50 small plants and trade to my LFS for a couple Demasoni to put in the 75.

I wish I could find some demosoni's :(

if you look really close at this pic, where the two pieces of driftwood touch...that was the java fern I originally planted.

mytank01192004.jpg

That was taken Jan. 19, 2004, so about 2 years 3 months.

And I did prune it back numerous times, and sold parts of it to forum members, and planted more and more of it in various tanks.

Back
Top Bottom