I don't even think its aquatic...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSU Fan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone identify these plants, and can you tell me if they're aquatic or not? If they are not, Petco is definitely going to hear about this one - and at a store grand opening! TIA

Attachments

• big_sword___fern_635.jpg
    big_sword___fern_635.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 28
  • spiky_plant_565.jpg
    spiky_plant_565.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 38
Hey MSU,
I was thinking of heading up that way before the storm hits,,,Is the new store worth the trip???

Of the chain stores in the area, it seems like it's the best. I definitely like the new Petco design vs. the old. Either way, it's just nice to have a "Big" pet store on this side of town now. However, if your goal is to go where the best fish are, it wouldn't be my first choice. I would for sure go to Just Pets or even Animal Adventures.

If that first plant is edged with white, then my vote is for non aquatic.

I did the Fondy tour a few weeks back....I wasn't impressed...time to head north...I'll check it out this weekend....

At least now I know what plants to avoid..LOL

That is also a non aquatic fern...the fact that it is sold as aqua fern makes it confusing. It is actually a splash zone plant.

Purrbox said:
If that first plant is edged with white, then my vote is for non aquatic.

actually, the edges are very red.

Zezmo said:
That is also a non aquatic fern...the fact that it is sold as aqua fern makes it confusing. It is actually a splash zone plant.

So, basically I bought some plants that exist in an emersed living situation, and will not survive completely submerged (the Acorus is f/ marsh lands, and splash zone says to me "not completely underwater")

Please correct me if I am wrong... :(

Back
Top Bottom