I dose pps pro... iron question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackBlasto

Aquarium Advice Freak
I dose PPS pro and I want to add iron to the mix... I understand there is already some in the plantex-b but I have a separate dry chelated iron that I wanted to mix. I found these dosing recommendations on the internet somewhere:

7g in 1000ml water - dose 5ml/10gal for .1ppm

14g in 1000ml water - dose 5ml/10gal for .2ppm

21.5g in 1000ml water - dose 5ml/10gal for .3ppm

27.5g in 1000ml water - dose 5ml/10gal for .4ppm

34.5g in 1000ml water - dose 5ml/10gal for .5ppm

My QUESTION is: Can this be added directly to the bottle containing:

Plantex-b

OR the bottle containing:

K2SO4 – 29 grams
KNO3 – 33 grams
KH2PO4 – 3 grams
MgSO4 – 20 grams

I had read somewhere that the reason you can't mix Plantex-B in the bottle with the other stuff is because it can have some adverse effects. Well, I'm wondering if adding Fe(Iron) will cause adverse effects if combined with any of the above ferts. My autodoser has no more room for a seperate fert right now so I was hoping to combine it. Any advice here? Thanks a bunch.

I added 10g of the iron to the miller microplex without any problems and when I was researching I never saw anything bad about mixing it with the csm-b, what adverse effects did you find? What makes you want to increase the iron in the tank? The only reason I started dosing is because iron in the millers was less than csm-b

Well, nothing bad mixing iron with CSM-B... I guess what I found bad was mixing CSM-B with the mix of K2SO4, KNO3,KH2PO4, MgSO4... I guess that's why you're supposed to put them in two separate bottles keeping the CSM-B isolated. I didn't know what exactly caused this and just wanted to not throw something in a mix that messed it up. Was just checking on if iron screwed up CSM-B.

Now the reason to add it was my iron is at 0.1 and I guess I was just thinking that getting it in the 0.2 range would be good, however this might be a complete waste of my time and resources as 0.1 might be just fine.

If iron is mixed with phosphates precipitation can occur. I keep my phosphates high and when I tried adding Flourish Iron a white cloud of precipitate formed.

Back
Top Bottom