i got my first plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
im currently doing a fishless cycle in a 29gal tank...a couple of days ago i got my first plants...

1 hygrophila polysperma ( i split it in 3)
1 anubias barteri var. nana
1 echinodorus "red special"
1 cryptocoryne wendtii ( i split it in 2)

i did some research and i came up with that selection because they are low light plants as well as beginners plants...i also read in the planted tank forum that the seachem line is pretty good as far as fertilizer is concerned...so here i go to the lfs pretty sure of the plants that i want and this seachem fertilizer im gonna get...it was quite a surprise to get to the self and realize there are like 10 different seachem fertilizer 8O ...one is iron one is carbon and so on...so the guy gave me seachem flourish tabs and a bottle of tropica master grow fertilizer (since its the same company where their plants come from)...i havent added anything to the tank yet...he said i can go and exchange them if i decide to get something else...i read somewhere that this seachem flourish tabs are good when you have sand...but if you have gravel then it will dissolve in the water instead of going to the roots...i was wondering if any of you have a good fertilizer that is also fish safe...since im kind of paranoid about adding chemicals to the tank other than dechlor...sorry for the long post and also the wrong forum...i posted it in the planted tank forum 2 days ado with no replies...so maybe somebody can help me here....THANKS!!!

seachem tabs dissolve no matter what...how else could they provide nutrients to the roots if they didn't dissolve somehow?

Again, you make no mention of the lighting over the tank, and lighting drives nutrient use.

In general Flourish is a good line of ferts. Never used TMG, but heard positive things about it.

Back
Top Bottom