I have an idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get the solid black film from the LFS priced/ft.
I coat the glass with vegetable oil and apply film to it.
Squeegee the air out and wahla! Does not evaporate.
Been on my 90 for almost a year. Did the same on my 20L.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had to get on my step stool!! Lol. Hard to get a good pic with the center brace in the way
95d25fc88778be28d74a0b775afc4d00.jpg

I had my first problem already. The spiky plant near waterfall was touching water so water ran into the soil, making my drainage layer wet. [emoji35] I'm leaving the lids open so hopefully it will dry out. Good thing I didn't water any of the plants yet!

So now my soil is wet. I see why people have drains....
So I jammed a tube to the drainage layer and siphoned almost a gallon of water out! Got a mouth full of dirt too. I'm hoping the rest will settle to the bottom and I can do it again. I'm leaving the lids open to further help the drying.
I'm really hoping it's not a leak. I drew a line with the water level so I'll keep an eye on that.
Any other suggestions?

So...... I did some rescaping!! I added some dimension with more soil and driftwood and changed most of the plants. I'm really happy with how it came out! I would like to add something on top of the waterfall but it has to be movable to access the filter. The frogs are loving it, even climbing up on the higher level on left!
What do you think??
3d4ccc829989fa2e66b9dc11ff4fa75e.jpg

P.S. My "water leak" was just from the water running down the plant into dirt. I siphoned it out mixed in some dry soil and everything has been fine[emoji2]

Thanks!! The moss on the waterfall is from stream in front of my house[emoji4]
The purple plants are called scarlet temple. Not sure of the green one[emoji848]

Everything is growing nicely! Above water anyway, haven't tried too many aquatic plants. My toads seem to love their home!! They crawl around all the space.
Check out my little guy on the knob that juts out into the water[emoji5]
47084f60ee685b9924b031af9805753a.jpg

Everything is growing nicely! Above water anyway, haven't tried too many aquatic plants. My toads seem to love their home!! They crawl around all the space.
Check out my little guy on the knob that juts out into the water[emoji5]
47084f60ee685b9924b031af9805753a.jpg

Cool build! ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is awesome! I love terrarium land/water setups. Your tank reminds me of an awesome stingray/poison dart frog tank build I found on youtube

Here's a link if you wanna check it out:

Back
Top Bottom