I just took the Finnex Plunge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcutl002

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 10 gallon Betta tank with no plants, just sand, water and 1 Betta fish. Well, I have heard a lot of good information about Finnex and Current LED. I was looking at the Ray2, but thought that might be too much PAR for a 10 gallon and I could already see the algae blooms. The tank is 12 inches deep with 3 inches of sand. So, I looked at Current Sat+ and Finnex Fugeray Planted+. Well, Amazon had a good price on the Finnex Fugeray.....so I bought it! My plan is to grow Crypts, some hornwort, and I might even give Dwarf Hairgrass a whirl. If this fixture does what I hope it does, I might have to start phasing out the T5HOs on both of my 55s.

Congrats on the LED plunge. Finnex and Current both make great LED fixtures. Just so long as you're calculating PAR, which you are, so you can make an educated guess on whether or not you're supplying the appropriate amount of light for your needs (or rather, needs of your plants).

Back
Top Bottom