I know you guys get tired of answering this...light question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys,
I recently set up 15g dirted tank with clay and a sand cap. I've got some lovely plants from fellow members as well as a few others.

I was running a single 23W 4100K CFL bulb, plants are alive and growing, however, the single clamp fixture isn't enough for all of the plants, it only covers a limited base, so I have to move it around to make sure everything is getting light.

So, here's my question. I just hooked up a second fixture with another bulb.
Should I keep it that way?
My other option at the moment is to set up a fixture I got for free that I know nothing about. It's a Catalina Ultralight. It has three, two bulb prong entry points and says "power compact 55W 10,000K premium daylight twin tube 2g11 base", dual fans (one on each end). The label with the part number/ratings is worn off. The guy also gave me an enormous box full of different kinds of bulbs. I don't want to overdo it because I am not doing any CO2 injection in this tank at the moment. I could set up the DIY I have here or do liquid dosing but I want to keep it as simple as I can for now.

Any input is much appreciated!

I'd just double the cfls, that pc is too much without the works.. if even go 2 13 watt instead, dual 23s is alot unless it's a 15 column.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I know maybe I'll just keep moving the one or alternate days or go with the lower wattage.
I'm only running it about four hours a day right now. Stinks that the bulb is central to the tank so the edge plants are like hey what about me!
Right now the light is directly over the blyxa and some of it is like orangey pink in the middle. Pretty cool.
How much would that monster fixture go for if I sold it? Or, would it be appropriate with diy co2?

I don't think it's worth much more than $50. You could possible run it with just one bulb but I'm not sure exactly. Post a pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom