I need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mario424

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up a 14 gallon biocube planted aquarium. This is my first planted aquarium. I have cycled my tank with "stability" (bottle of bb). I just put plants in 4 days ago and they are turning a yellowish brown transparent color. My plants are an anubius, some dwarf baby tears, dwarf hair grass, and corkscrew Val. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have a CO2 system and liquid fertilizers. Also everything on the biocube is stock. My ph is 7.6.

Please help!

All of the plants are yellow. I have two 24w compact fluorescent bulbs. One blue and one white. I keep both on for 12 hours a day.

The lights are more that likely the wrong spectrum. They are meant for a reef or fish only. Your lfs should have full spectrum or 6700-7600k bulbs, that would give them the light that they need. How long has the tank been set up and what substrate is be used?

Are your lights HO or NO? How close are the lights to the water? What type of liquid ferts and how often are you dosing?

FishWorks AK said:
The lights are more that likely the wrong spectrum. They are meant for a reef or fish only. Your lfs should have full spectrum or 6700-7600k bulbs, that would give them the light that they need. How long has the tank been set up and what substrate is be used?

The tank has been set up for about a week now. I got my water tested today and everything was perfect. I am using ecocomplete mixed with some black sand from my LFS.

Prediscus23 said:
Are your lights HO or NO? How close are the lights to the water? What type of liquid ferts and how often are you dosing?

I know they are not HO. My lights are probably half an inch above the water because it is a biocube and they are built into the hood. I am using flourish ferts(iron, excel, and flourish). I only use what is recommended on the bottle. But my water paraments are perfect and my water is cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom