I need help big time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
My lfs told me that the light I have is high powered but if it is high powered why is the tops of my plants turning brown it doesn't make sense. Besides that I need help setting up a lighting system thay would work please someone help me here I have a 29 gallon tank the plant that is turning brown is money wort

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's your lighting, what are your plants, your water parameters, is the brown stuff algae?

I have a 20 watt 10000 k Phillips aqua something I have an amazon sword that is growing amazing the money wort thing is growing amazing to it looks like it is dying from the top. I touched it today to see if it was Algee and it wasn't. I started adding a api plant food stuff. And a co2 booster thing what am I doing wrong

I dont think that Moneywort needs particularly strong lighting, so it may have been an issue of not enough fertilizer and/or carbon.
See if it gets better now that you're adding both.

I usually trim off brown parts so that the plant isnt wasting energy on a dying leaf or section of leaves.

how long do you keep your lights on? I had mine on for 14-16 hrs a day for a few weeks and my plants started changing colors and what not.. I went away for easter and had lights off for 2 days I came back home and my plants looked way better.. so I got a timer for my lights and now have them on for 12 hrs

6-8 hours daily is what most planted tanks run lights. Too long, just grows Algae. Invest in a cheap timer. I have mine on 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night. Cut down to 6 if you see algae.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a good plant light ti have that's not an led

I may not have the most knowledge on lighting but a T8 Normal or High Output light is what I use with my planted tank. I run a 2 bulb fixture with one 6700k bulb and one daylight bulb.

Back
Top Bottom