I need plant help plz??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover99

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a few plants in my 40 breeder. These plants have been this tank for about 10 months. They all have melted back and then came back. My tank is pretty low tech. I have noticed that my plants are turning yellow and getting holes. Now yes I do have snails. The snails I have legit only eat dead or dying plants and plant matter. I normally let them trim my plants. I do use co2 tablet's. I have from day one. They work wonders. I have recently had a issue with ammonia spiking in my tank. This tank has been running for again 11 months. I did a fish in cycle not knowing about cycled tanks and making sure the tank can handle to bioload. I have educated myself about it and many other things. I haven't researched much on plants. I got basic low tech plants. I have in a last ditch effort, went out and got seachem root tabs. I also bought the seachem plant pack they had. With flourish, flourish Excel, and iron. I haven't used the liquid just the tabs. Can't anyone give me some pointers. I love my plants and I have a lot love and time invested in my tank. Yes I have put a lot of money into my tanks as well. Any advice would be welcomed. I'll post pics of my plants. IMG_20190305_161056.jpgIMG_20190305_161128~2.jpgIMG_20190305_161111~2.jpgIMG_20190305_161143.jpg

Your plants honestly don't look too bad at the moment. If I had to guess, potentially a lack of light could be causing issues. Amazon swords usually pretty much grow without issue in most tanks where they get enough light and at the minimum a liquid fertilizer. I've attached a plant deficiency guide so you can use it to determine exactly what is going on.

Attachments

• 1463544776363.jpeg
    1463544776363.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom