I need to make my tank look better help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a huge mess right now! Haha I have to take a break for the water to clear up!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As previously mentioned, DIY CO2 is effective and better than having no CO2. Not sure if it will help with the carpet. I think that is more driven by light. In lieu of a true carpet, I went with Starogynes repens because it can be maintained at a low height. I have it growing in my low light shrimp tank and it is doing okay. Okay as in very slow growth but looking healthy. Another nice plant previously mentioned is Lemon Bacopa.
Crypts come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors; wendtii is one of my favorites.
IMO the other tank without the background looks fine without one. And the one with the background maybe change it to a solid background (sorry mom).

Ok thanks, can you post pics of those plants in your tank? I just finished rescaping my tank and I'm waiting on the water to clear up before I post a pic!

My Amazon sword gets a root tab right next to it, but when I rescaped I left it out... It's new leaves that it was growing were a really pale color. Not sure what that means, but I'm sure it isn't good. I use a mix of oscomote and miracle grow for the root tabs.

Ok thanks, can you post pics of those plants in your tank? I just finished rescaping my tank and I'm waiting on the water to clear up before I post a pic!

This pic shows Ammania bonsai in the front left, Crypt undulata in the rear left, Star repens in the right front, and a piece of Subwassertang algae in the middle. Just to the left of and below the sponge are two small sprigs of Lemon bacopa
aPCfdma.png

Moss ball in front of Crypt wendtii. Some type of moss in the background:
x0ZkOPc.png

Close up of star repens with lemon bacopa in the background:
1fTqp4h.png

I still need to change the background but I couldn't do it yesterday

Thanks guy. What should I change now?

It's looks better in person because you can really see the slopes and depth

It's looks better in person because you can really see the slopes and depth

If your using slopes in a scape you'll want well placed substrate supports. The weight of water on an unsupported slope will cause it to flatten over time.

I use a slope that is half the height of my tank. I think its a great way to add character into a scape. Heres mine...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421244178.811411.jpg

Picture is a few weeks old but its not changed massively

Oh ? I don't and didn't have any and didn't think I needed them.. Well if it flattens I'll fix it and add some. And your slope looks really nice

You can make substrate supports by cutting the thin plastic food grade cutting boards in the shape you need. I suppose any non-toxic thin plastic sheet would do.

Bahaha I thought you were talking about my girl ???

Back
Top Bottom