I need your advices about my lighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

desert falcon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First I want to state that I am a Turkish and I can speak english so so...
I can make some grammar errors :(
I have a betta aquarium and just it is 30 L. and I want to grow up Java Moss.
I have an hanging filter,8 W florosen lamp.Can I grow up Java Moss in this aquarium?
I am counting the light of each Litre with this formul : 8/30=0.2 light for each litre.Can I grow up my Java moss's with this provisions?
Have you any advice?Thanks...

My light informations...

KIT SET
- 8W T5 X1
- ELECTRONIC
BALLAST INCLUDED. X1
- BASE X1

220-240V / 50Hz
HRZ 2001 8W T5

image021no6.jpg

image027rl0001sk4.jpg

image023ps5.jpg

image024nt5.jpg

image020nu7.jpg

image015nm3.jpg

image018vo1.jpg

My sand from brook and My Betta.

With these smaller aquariums you need more light to get to the various lighting levels. I'd say that with your current light, you're looking at very low light. You can probably grow Anubias, Java Ferns, Java Moss, and Crypts with the light. Unfortunately they'll grow VERY slowly.

Your java moss will grow but it will be a slow grower. If you are just looking to fill the tank with moss I'd suggest removing the moss from the tank and placing it in a container outside it the sunlight. It grows much faster with more light. When you get enough of it you can put it back in your tank. I'd also spread the moss out as much as you can so that it gets as much light as possible. Your tank isn't setup to grow most plants, only the types that Joy mentioned will do "okay" in your tank.

Your tank isn't setup to grow most plants, only the types that Joy mentioned will do "okay" in your tank.----I couldnt understand this part you know that I am a Turkish I can speak english so so Can you explain this part to me in detail??

He means

You have very low light. Only try to grow these plants:"Anubias, Java Ferns, Java Moss, and Crypts"

They will grow very slowly, or maybe not at all.

It would be best to get more light. At least double the 8w, so like 20w or so.

I meant that the plants recommended by Joy, username "Purrbox" are the only plants that will grow in your tank because you don't have enough light.

The java moss will grow under any light conditions. It will grow extremely slow under low light but it will grow very fast under high light conditions. That is why I said put the java moss outside in the sun so it will grow fast and you will have more. Then put all of that moss in your tank to fill it up more. Your tank has very low light right now. It is enough to grow java moss but VERY slowly. If you want lots of java moss either do what I said or buy a better light. If you get too much light in your tank you will get algae.

OK thanks all of you for your advices.I will buy today.But I wont put them to sunlight because the water will be warm too much...Now Turkey is very hot.
I will buy a lamb today ;)
but it will be too hard for me because The sallers are salling small and powerfull lights very rarely :(

This is what I put in my 10 gallon tank:

29347_minitwist_energy_500x500.jpg

It's a compact fluorescent bulb. It's 13W which is the equivalent of 60W. It's also Daylight not Soft White. You're looking for a rating between 5000K and 10000K.

Nice pictures. You like Java Moss very much. Is there any reason for this? After you set the Java Moss in your fish tank show the pictures. I like to see it.

Sorry :( They are not growing up fast and sometimes I see decaying whereas I use 20W flourescant.I have got a new aquarium.İt is 50L.my Java Moss hold the rock.But their growing is not enough :(

Back
Top Bottom