I want a planted tank, help me plan it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How deep is your eco complete? I used 3 inches deep ok the calculator that corsair posted

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Probably 2-3" deep. About a two years ago the local Petco was selling it for $9 per bag! I bought 4 bags. I felt like I was stealing from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's up to you. If you want to just try it out, you could get 2 or 3 of each. Or get different varieties.

You can try buying on here or join The Planted Tank for free and using the web view you can buy plants from hobbyists. Or you can see if you have a local club. I get most of my plants free from club members.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is your user name the same on TPT? Want to fill out box that asks who recommended site

Is your user name the same on TPT? Want to fill out box that asks who recommended site

Yes Im Coursair on that site as well. Haven't been very active lately.

Coursair is my kennel name.

Coursair Whippets est 1986
Home of MBIF FC Flying Falconet of Coursair FCh MC "Cara"

I posted an add on Craigslist for my BMX bike. If I. Can get the $300 im asking most of the expenses going into this tank will be covered

My fish should be out by Monday so hopefully i can add new substrate and wait for mini cycle to complete before adding anything else.
What are the pros and cons between flora max and eco complete? I know i will have the to rinse the flora max but is the price difference worth going ti eco complete?

Sorry I haven't used either. I went from gravel to sand. My only "fancy" substrate is ADA Aquasoil Amazonia multi in one of my 5g.

I just made a new thread for the question. I was told to go with eco. Tomorrow the fish leave, and i will strip the tank of gravel and decor. Leave water and filter running for BB

How much BB is in my gravel? Is it worth saving some of it in filter bags to help minimize a mini cycle?

How much BB is in my gravel? Is it worth saving some of it in filter bags to help minimize a mini cycle?

It's a highly debated topic but IMO, there's not enough to be considered worth saving. As long as you're not changing anything to do with the filter, you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Ok, i plan on changing the filter bit not right away. Maybe around Christmas time. i will have enough money then or i might get it as gift :)

My plan is fish move out Monday night. Tuesday go and get eco complete. Wednesday after tank settles get 2 java fern and 2 anubias. The following week if everything goes smoothly add fish.

My plan is fish move out Monday night. Tuesday go and get eco complete. Wednesday after tank settles get 2 java fern and 2 anubias. The following week if everything goes smoothly add fish.

Change in plan. Since im going out of town Wednesday im not going to add and plants or fish because i dont want anything bad happening while im away. Still removing the 2 fish today and getting eco tomorrow tho :)

Guess I am getting the flora max. Petco doesn't have eco instore...Petsmart gets my money i guess

And now the build can begin :) 2 fish have been given a better home, tank has been emptied, and floramax has been picked up. Tomorrow i plan on rinsing the flora and adding it to tue tank along with some of the old water and new water. I have a small airstone in the Rubbermaid bucket that has all the decor and filter to keep BB alive.

Should i clean the glass of algae or just leave it alone?

Attachments

• 1413856792956.jpg
    1413856792956.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 1413856805721.jpg
    1413856805721.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 43
  • 1413856814453.jpg
    1413856814453.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 36
As far as rinsing goes, could i use an old pillow case and run hose water through the flora max thats inside the case?

I made a new thread for the build. Its under the Getting Started forum.

Back
Top Bottom