I want to put plants in 15 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcannelis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have neon tetra guppies a platy and a catfish. What plants would be a good idea. I'm adding more tetra soon. What would happen to my water ph or amonia if I add plants or say it when you say what plant to get

You should start with plants great for beginners to planted tanks such as anubias, java fern, crypts, mosses, and/or swords.

Start with an easy fertilizer regimen by using Seachem flourish and excel -- just follow as directed on the bottle for dosing.

Lastly, if you get heavy root feeders like crypts or swords, get some root tabs too.

You should start with plants great for beginners to planted tanks such as anubias, java fern, crypts, mosses, and/or swords.

Start with an easy fertilizer regimen by using Seachem flourish and excel -- just follow as directed on the bottle for dosing.

Lastly, if you get heavy root feeders like crypts or swords, get some root tabs too.

Will these change the chemical balance of my water in any way

Will these change the chemical balance of my water in any way

Not if used as directed and you maintain a diligent partial water change routine. Live plants provide hiding spaces, can give the tank a more natural look, compete with algae for nutrients (can reduce ammonia and nitrates) and produce oxygen.

Thanks I got amazon sword and just put in tank with my new guppies

What's your substrate? If it's not a plant specific sub, you really need some Root Tabs for the Swords as they are heavy root feeders. I recommend the Flourish tabs, they're great and don't create a mess if you have to uproot any plants.

I have API root tabs. I have foots under my gravel Will these tabs affect my fish

Foots?

Those root tabs are fine. Just bury them under the Swords. They won't be a prob for the fish.

Peacock ferns are pretty cool plants and they are easy to grow

Peacock ferns are pretty cool plants and they are easy to grow

I saw those but I'm starting out with one for now. Maybe next time. In like a month or so after everything is settled But if they float I don't want to get them.

Back
Top Bottom