Ick what's this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Fyi I can scratch them off. [ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435554723.756748.jpgATTACH]274454[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435554684.987185.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435554684.987185.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 53
Looks like your java fern is ready to reproduce. Don't scratch them off. The spores will soon sprout leaves and develop into little plantlets.

Looks like your java fern is ready to reproduce. Don't scratch them off. The spores will soon sprout leaves and develop into little plantlets.

Oh wow really? I thought it was some nasty parasite or something!! Ok thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 babies!!!! When the time comes, you will know if they are ready to pull off with a little tug. If it doesn't come off with a slight tug(or the whole leaf comes off) then it's not ready.

Then just tie it down on something in the tank.

Caleb

+1 babies!!!! When the time comes, you will know if they are ready to pull off with a little tug. If it doesn't come off with a slight tug(or the whole leaf comes off) then it's not ready.

Then just tie it down on something in the tank.

Caleb

How fun! Thanks!! I wonder why I've not seen it before when I've had these plants over a year??

Back
Top Bottom