id this leaf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
this leaf is one of many growing in my 30 gallon tank ...

I bought a 6 pack of bulbs from petco, the package just said "contains assorted bulbs from these popular species", and then went on with an extensive list.

the leaf is very thin and fine, very tender and doesn't take any abuse (fish are often tearing them even)

unknown_bulb_plant_01.sized.jpg

Yep. I have two in my tank. Be forewarned, if they survive your fish they will sprout floating lilly leafs on long stems. If you don't want that, don't keep them

OK two things I've experienced with these things:

Mine have not like to be move once they root well. 2 different ones were rooted and thriving, I moved them, they went into a swift decline and croaked.

Ferret has it partially correct, they will put up floating leaves. however, If you keep cutting them off as they start to grow up from the base, the plant will keep its submerged leaves and look the way most of us want them to.

If they are dwarf lotus and normally they are when they come in those packs then they will throw out very few floating leaves if your light levels are high. In my 4 wpg tank they grow very short leaves unless they get shaded.

Back
Top Bottom