Id this plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any ideas on what these could be

Attachments

• image-1466622650.jpg
    image-1466622650.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-843655879.jpg
    image-843655879.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 92
My guesses are bacopa m on the left and rotala macranda on the right. Google those and see what you think.

That doesn't look like Macrandra to me. Did you get it at Petsmart? Could be wrong though.

Nothing wrong with petco or petsmart... I don't get there plants in the tanks as they always have snails.. but the ones in the tubes or baggies from Tetra or what not I have a few of those.. some amazon swords, and some other red plants I forgot the names and wisteria.

Nothing wrong with petco or petsmart... I don't get there plants in the tanks as they always have snails.. but the ones in the tubes or baggies from Tetra or what not I have a few of those.. some amazon swords, and some other red plants I forgot the names and wisteria.

I am battling petco snails as we speak. Plus Petco offers plants that dont do well underwater.

So I stand in front of their plant tank on my phone and research them.

I have to say I look ridiculous, but I dont want to take home a soon to be dead plant.

I am battling petco snails as we speak. Plus Petco offers plants that dont do well underwater. So I stand in front of their plant tank on my phone and research them. I have to say I look ridiculous, but I dont want to take home a soon to be dead plant.
I totally understand what you mean. Actually I do the exact same thing! I will just stand and do exactly what you said! Go on my phone and research as much as I can find. before being asked "can I help you"

I totally understand what you mean. Actually I do the exact same thing! I will just stand and do exactly what you said! Go on my phone and research as much as I can find. before being asked "can I help you"

Right?!?!?!
I just got back from petco, they got some aqua grass, swords, crypts, anubias.

But I held myself back ;)
I got to heal an angelfish before getting more plants.

So is te first one money wort or bacopa? Both look almost identical?

I just found out today. I bought a packaged Moneywort, but when I was taking it out of the bag, I found a piece of paper with its other name. Lol Bacopa monniere.

I just found out today. I bought a packaged Moneywort, but when I was taking it out of the bag, I found a piece of paper with its other name. Lol Bacopa monniere.

Ditto. I saw some packaged Moneywort and thought that it resembled the Bacopa caroliniana I have. Same genus, different species.

I'm not a botanist but did sleep at a Holiday Inn once.

Back
Top Bottom