ID this plant please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
already trying to rebuild... my idea...

Limnophila indica?

common milfoil: Myriophyllum simulans?

Limnophila aquatica?

Jchillin said:
Asian ambulia?
could be, picked it up to replace fanwort, which has not done well with the upgrade from the 28 gal to the 75 (not sure why :? )
when i got it home (after dealing with die off) i noticed that it was not fanwort, too bushy, very attractive plant IMO just the same

Jchillin said:
Asian ambulia?
That was my first guess only my Asian Ambulia (Limnophila sessiliflora, btw) is a little brighter than that. Nice plant that grows better for me than Cabomba did...

BTW, I noticed that mine does the same thing.....it was closed early this morning when I left the house.

I believe it is Ambulia...but not L. sessiflora. I think it is L. aquatica. If you google that name, the pictures look very much like yours. L. aquatica is bushier than sessiflora. Google results

I have the same plant in my 29g and under higher light it gets bushier.
img_717799_0_7ba22680d6fa55ad50580480bb1fceb9.jpg

L. sessiflora doesn't get quite that bushy IMO.

The two types still confuse me though...but I believe I have the aquatica version. :D

That explains it. Mine looks like a healthier, brighter version of cabomba and is not very bushy at all. Thanks for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom