Idea for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys(gals)!!! With your input I have decided to do a separate 75g rock and wood scape for for all of my crustaceans (1 sunburst and 1 red cherax lobster and 2 6 inch cray (1 black and 1 blue). Thanks for the fert advice, definitely can see the cost difference when I look at the big picture!!

You could use a planted substrate on the bottom for half, and a sand for the top half, that way you dont spend as much, and you still have enough for roots. But I also kinda agree that it is not 100% necessary. You still would need root tabs and ferts imo.

You could use a planted substrate on the bottom for half, and a sand for the top half, that way you dont spend as much, and you still have enough for roots. But I also kinda agree that it is not 100% necessary. You still would need root tabs and ferts imo.

I have several different grades of sand I'm mixing for the top inch, I'm sparing no expense on my finalized tanks. I am most likely going to add pressurized co2 to all of my final tanks that are planted... Though I'm not sure...

Back
Top Bottom