Ideal water temperaturea for plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyghtfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all I was just wondering about the ideal temperatures for plants and whether fluctuations over the course of a year matter to much.
Tank will easily fluctuate between 25 degrees and 31 degrees from winter to summer. (temps in Celsius sorry guys)
Basically will I need to use a chiller?

Hi all I was just wondering about the ideal temperatures for plants and whether fluctuations over the course of a year matter to much.
Tank will easily fluctuate between 25 degrees and 31 degrees from winter to summer. (temps in Celsius sorry guys)
Basically will I need to use a chiller?

Depends on the plants. Some can take higher temperatures, some can't. Honestly though, I would be more concerned about controlling the temperature. Is this tank unheated and just changing with room temp?

Temperature for Plants

Hello Nyght...

If you're keeping the typical aquarium plants, they're tropical and prefer warmer water. A temperature in the range of 76 to 82 degrees will be fine.

B

No the tank will be heated my problem is my past tanks without the use of a chiller will reach 87 degrees + over summer.
I tend to keep my tanks heated to 78 degrees
I live in Australia over summer our temperatures get over 95 and quite often get to 104.
I have a 1/4 hp chiller and am wondering if I will need to use it with

Cooling Your Tank

Hello again Nyght...

The outside temp is going to create a problem for your tank. You may need the use of a high powered room fan or some type of indoor swamp cooler.

Not familiar with a chiller. Whatever you can come up with to keep the tank temp fairly constant will help.

Sorry, I'm not much help on this one, it's getting pretty cool on this side of the world.

B

Chillers tend to be used more for a reef.
Using one I can maintain a reef at 78 all year round.

You'll probably be fine, I have kept several low light plant species in tubs outside year round without any problem. The only issue I had was the sunlight, the temperature was into the 90s in the direct sun, but much better in the shade.

I'll have the chiller ready to go summer is barely beginning down here.
Will watch tank temps carefully and flick it on if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom