Ideas on plants for my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey every1, just after some ideas really on plants for my tank, I've got some fake plants but they just don't look good enough for me, I've had a look on some websites but still none the wiser. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated :) oh and i know this will limit my options but my lights are only 3watts, there led lights if this makes a difference. thanks :)

Attachments

• image-4143504555.jpg
    image-4143504555.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 99
Hi. Since the tank doesn't have a planted tank type substrate and pretty low lighting(?) I would stick with some hardy plants like java ferns, anubias, bolbitis. If you really want a grass look go with dwarf sag. There are a few different kinds of ferns, I like the 'windelov' and needle leaf varieties. Another thing to consider doing is putting something like amazon swords in directly underneath those LED's, they may or may not do well, but i think its worth a shot. Since you have sand I would go with a decorative terra cotta pot (no glaze/paint) to plant them in. That would make maintenance easy if you ever wanted to move them around, plus they'd benefit from having nutrients in the pot that wouldn't be available in the sand.

jetajockey said:
Hi. Since the tank doesn't have a planted tank type substrate and pretty low lighting(?) I would stick with some hardy plants like java ferns, anubias, bolbitis. If you really want a grass look go with dwarf sag. There are a few different kinds of ferns, I like the 'windelov' and needle leaf varieties. Another thing to consider doing is putting something like amazon swords in directly underneath those LED's, they may or may not do well, but i think its worth a shot. Since you have sand I would go with a decorative terra cotta pot (no glaze/paint) to plant them in. That would make maintenance easy if you ever wanted to move them around, plus they'd benefit from having nutrients in the pot that wouldn't be available in the sand.

Thanks, gonna look into some of these now :)

Back
Top Bottom