ideas/suggestiosn 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppylove85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I wanted to post a pic and share my tank thus far, sorry if the pic is bad i took with phone.
I plan to add more sand but am open to other substrate options to mix with current sand, since it is not deep enough to actually plant them yet, I was thinking eco complete? I want to go with a mostly natural feel, i only plan on keeping guppys in this tank for now until i get another set up.
How would you arrange this tank?
if you can tell from the pic i stuck the anacharis in my drift wood.
here is my current plant list
duck weed
green hygro
anacharis
hornwort which is behind my Bronze crypt at the moment
cabomba purple

I must say i love the look of the crypt, I also can't believe how fast my tank seemed to finish cycling after adding the plants.:D
img_1997179_0_888463645460cb22e9f06129dbf9ac4c.jpg

img_1997179_1_00a306ef99bd79495b7c1c619c3a5909.jpg

The only change I would make is to have celestial pearl danios in the tank. The plants look great.

Those plants look great! I love my bronze crypts. If you want some mid-ground plants, look into some bolbitis. In a lower lighting system they have a deep green that will look awesome against the crypt. I think guppies are great personally. Although they have a habit of breeding til there is more fish than water. Something that may interest you is looking at Endler's live bearers. They will also contrast nicely in a planted tank.

thanks for the suggestions, guess i need to get more sand this weekend. I would love some Danios but i want this set up to stay one species. I am going to set up a 20 long soon and im not sure what other fish i want yet.

Back
Top Bottom