Identity help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestarbandit

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is / are these plants please? This is not my area of expertise and I would like to know what they are so that I could get more ( hopefully snail free this batch clearly came w snails)

image-2799391036.jpg

This one floats up top I really like it (ignore the food flakes I just fed the 46)

image-2001121131.jpg

This one will float if I let it but appears more robust so anchored it.

Thank you both. 2 LFS each had one in minute quantity available. But I wanted to get a gross so needed to know what they were! Unless of course either grows really pervasively but I haven't noticed that yet.

CHEERS!

The anacharis willgrow to height of the tank in roughly 2 Weeks in my 50 gallon tank 18" (i think) high with just sachem flourish and sachem excel. the hornwort will grow fast as well but not as fast. Also both can be cut and replanted to fill in the tank so unless you want to be over ran by those two plants i wouldn't but any more

aoessand said:
The anacharis willgrow to height of the tank in roughly 2 Weeks in my 50 gallon tank 18" (i think) high with just sachem flourish and sachem excel. the hornwort will grow fast as well but not as fast. Also both can be cut and replanted to fill in the tank so unless you want to be over ran by those two plants i wouldn't but any more

Thanks for the warning. Guess I'll just be patient.

I lied. I bought 6 more bunches. I was seized by the winds of madness. Fortunately they are divided by 4 tanks. ;)

It looks a lot like guppy grass/najas guadalupensis to me.
from seinverts.com
SingleGuppyGrassEdited-1.jpg

jetajockey said:
It looks a lot like guppy grass/najas guadalupensis to me.
from seinverts.com

Ah ty jet. I wish they would stop confusing me. Every time I go in there I tell them give me a handful of the plants they gave me last time and it's been different all 3x now lol

Back
Top Bottom