if planted enough can i di smaller water changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon tank with
6 betta bulbs planted and
1 molly
3 bettas
2 zebra dans
3 platys
1 pitbull pleco
1 Cory
1 bolivian ram

The tank is stable I do water changes but I was wondering if i could do smaller or no water changes since I have so many plants. Because don't the plants use the nitrate as plant food and grow from it being in the water?
:dance:

Some plants do more than others. IMO you still need to keep up with weekly water changes. The fresh water is good for the fish.

I assume you'll be checking your nitrate levels with a test kit?

nothing... i mean nothing makes it to where you dont have to do any water changes yes you could do it less but id sill do 25%

Is there a water conditiiner that would get rid of nitrates in a fish tank or a type of bateria I could introduce to my tank?

there is a product for seachem called de nitrate, look it up, but nothing will change a water change, its real easy for a 20g

what seems to be the problem with doing water changes?

There's not one. I was just wondering. Also what's a protein skimmer do? Are they needed for fresh water tanks?

Ohok maxima one last question. Do you know of any good plants to add to my tank to add a little diversity BC all i have are betta bulbs

Back
Top Bottom