I'm gonna puke...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankinWithUs

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have little white see through bugs in my tank and tiny white worms on the glass.

What the heck, guys??? What do I do and what is it?

Attachments

• 1425162941138.jpg
    1425162941138.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 135
I can't see anything in the picture, but the wormy things could be nematodes. And if you do actually puke, just don't do it in the aquarium! ?

This is the closest I've seen to them, but they aren't clumped together like that. I thought they were super tiny scratches til I noticed they moved :shudders: in an S like pattern. The bugs floating in the water look like see through dots with big heads...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1425164249585.jpg
    1425164249585.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 168
I just got my first plant from LFS and I also just put eco complete in the tank...maybe came from there? I am so grossed out

Probably just detritus worms. Live fish food is all..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sometimes doing a water change will make them go away quicker. I would up the amount you change or add another extra one a week

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i'm about due for a water change...I have a feeling once I can *finally* add fish the population of these little worms will go down. The problems is now I'm afraid to put my hands in the water. lol! The girl in me won't let me do it. I need some of those legit plant grooming stuff so I can put my s. repens in. I refuse to put my hand in there. I know. I know. how girly of me.

I watched some YouTube videos and they seem to say detritus as well. Apparently, some people try to get them on purpose for free fish food. Who knew? You learn something everyday in this hobby...

I watched some YouTube videos and they seem to say detritus as well. Apparently, some people try to get them on purpose for free fish food. Who knew? You learn something everyday in this hobby...

Told you:p when ever I treat my dhg with hydrogen peroxide a few of those little buggers float up to the top, seems to kill on contact.. feel like going GI Jane on that tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Get the tools. Not so much for the stuff in the water, but it will help with planting small stems such as star repens.

Hahahahaha. I treated the banana plant (RIP - I threw it away. That's right. I rage quit my banana plant) with hydrogen peroxide before I put it in the tank. Maybe I already mass murdered and didn't realize it

Get the tools. Not so much for the stuff in the water, but it will help with planting small stems such as star repens.

Totally going to get the tools. I felt brave this morning and saved my s. repens. I took one for the team and planted them. I just shoved them down in there so I could get the hell outta there. Haha!

Just put my hand in a tank full of worms for some plants. What is happening to me??

The s. repens look a little sad from having to wait for me to grow some balls, but hopefully they will perk up. They are over root tabs. I'm going to plant the dwarf sag over there next to the infamous soccer ball and probably behind the tower if I have too much.

That's the idea anyways...

Attachments

• 1425221087290.jpg
    1425221087290.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 73
Good job! That was it so bad was it? In my shrimp tank are/were at one time detritus worms, planaria, hydra, seed shrimp, Copepods, limpets, and snails. There are no fish in there so that may account for the presence of some of these critters.
I used to find small leeches while cleaning the filter at a pond at my folks house years ago. I don't think they were the blood sucking type. There are omnivorous types that feed on plant matter and what not. I did have to check my feet and calves for and that decided to hitch a ride.

omg. I would just die! I don't do creepy crawlies well

Back
Top Bottom