I'm Horrible at Aquascaping - Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a big difference! I like yours a lot more.

I'm excited to see how it all grows in. Crossing my fingers that I won't kill them.

Until the fertilizers get here, should I just be using the Excel daily?

My wendtii bronze gets very tall. Touches the top of the water when I don't snip the tall leaves. In my old 55 it would get about 20". In time it'll fill out like crazy. I've composted hundreds over the 12 years I've had it. Like rivercats said, put a root tab under it and watch it grow!

You do need to use Excell every morning. Also, watch your plants for holes or yellowing over the coming weeks. It'll tell you if you're ferts are high enough to keep up with plant demand or not and which ones may be needed.

I really like the look of your tank right now. It gets nicer every update. Now comes the hard part: waiting for the plants to fill in.

I constantly have to keep leaves trimmed off my crypts or even split them like last time because I don't want monsters in the front of the tank. I've just never seen a Wendtii look quite like that before... lol.

Rivercats said:
I constantly have to keep leaves trimmed off my crypts or even split them like last time because I don't want monsters in the front of the tank. I've just never seen a Wendtii look quite like that before... lol.

I looked again and now see what you mean. They're splayed out with only a few leaves on individual plants. Still, that leaf crinkle and color.. unmistakable. Because they're individual plants it may take a little while for them to fill in but when they do he'll be constantly trimming to keep their growth in check... just like the rest if us! ^o^

I'm so frustrated.

I had to take the mopani out to re-boil and soak since it was getting that gross jelly slime. Now I can't get it back the way I want it.

Here is a pic of what it looks like now. I've added Ludwigia repens to the back right corner, water sprite to the back left corner, another wendtii red to the two that were already there, the crypt parva front left and tossed in some pennywort to float. I don't think I'll keep that in though. It's blocking a lot of the light and I have no idea what else to do with it.

New suggests or ideas?

Attachments

• image-4170064388.jpg
    image-4170064388.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2044779870.jpg
    image-2044779870.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3863508088.jpg
    image-3863508088.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 76
I like every one of your new plant choices. I think it would be cool to wait and see how much it'll improve once the plants start to spread and grow.

For pennywort you can do what I did and try to plant it. It doesn't like to stay rooted but if you can cut a few non lead weights and put one on each stem you want to hold down it'll probably stay where you want it and grow up instead of float. It's one of my favorite plants to be honest. So unique. It's awesome you found Parva! I had to order it online.

You have to be patient until it starts growing and filling in. Trust me it's going to look so much better once it's got nice fat plants!

Back
Top Bottom