Im starting diy co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my diffuser for 11 bucks was the most expensive part of my set up I got enough yeast and sugar to last about 2 months for like 8 bucks other than that it was like 13 bucks for all the tubing and connecters I needed 2 bucks for the soda bottles which I drank anyway so overall liie $25 for 2 months of co2. Not expensive by any means

No that's not bad at all. But it's not a very effective way is it? Idk iv only just recently started thinking I wanted to do this, so that's why I'm asking q?s.

Its effective to a point it really all depends on ho much co2 you want/need you can create as much as you want but it would become cumbersome having to lug 6 or eight 2 liter bottles around to get a bunch of co2 but I have all loe to moderate light plants so it will work fine for my tank

Yeah that's all I got too. But if i can get this aquarium plant growing thing figured out I'd like to add some diff things.

One thing I might add to your design: if you were to put a check valve between each bottle and the "Y" connector, then when it is time to swap out one of the bottles, you won't depressurize the other bottle. Others feel free to chime in and correct/confirm this.[/QUOTE]

+1 I did that on mine.

Its already up and running but when I change my bottles out I will definately add a couple more check valves. That's something I didnt even think about.

Just got home and checked it and im running full blast at about 4-5 bubbles a second with a constant "volcano" of micro bubbles coming from my diffuser looks like its working bettee than I hoped.

ForumRunner_20130606_162604.jpg

Here is a pic of it as of today basically day one of co2 injection will try to post a new pic once a week on here to show whats going on

Back
Top Bottom