Important Question? (CO2 & Powerhead)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FSEMTB2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just installed a powerhead to improve circulation in my tank. I installed the powerhead a few inches above the outlet for my glass diffuser. So, the CO2 gets sucked directly into the intake and sprayed threw the tank. Is this set up alright?

Thanks,
Ken

That is the perfect way to diffuse those tiny C02 bubbles. Good example of mist diffusion. Should work out great for you. :)

Yes, it will work just fine. I had mine at the input of my XP filter when I was using the glass diffuser, but that would diffuse the bubbles all the way. My preference is mist, as it seems my plants have exploded since changing over to mist.

I agree with LWB - I installed a Maxijet PH to add circulation and use the mist method - since then, my plants have gone insane. Literally grew into a forest in a month.

You are going to love the results :)

thanks

Thanks everyone for the input. With the misting of the CO2, did anyone find they were using less CO2 to get the job done. It seems like before the CO2 went straight to the top and floated around. And now the whole tank is covered with a fine mist of CO2. I really need to find out what my PPM of CO2.

Thanks again.

MSU Fan said:
I agree with LWB - I installed a Maxijet PH to add circulation and use the mist method - since then, my plants have gone insane. Literally grew into a forest in a month.

You are going to love the results :)

A forest in a month? It took that long? LOL. Mine grew in 2 weeks and had to start thinning out the excessive plants, lol.

FSEMTB2 said:
Thanks everyone for the input. With the misting of the CO2, did anyone find they were using less CO2 to get the job done. It seems like before the CO2 went straight to the top and floated around. And now the whole tank is covered with a fine mist of CO2. I really need to find out what my PPM of CO2.

Thanks again.
Actually, yes. But I still keep my bubble count up for the extra bang, lol. But yes, the plants seem much more responsive to the mist, and you probably could loser the rate a little. But you want to keep an eye out for BBA, because that would be your first sign that it's not high enough.

Lonewolfblue said:
A forest in a month? It took that long? LOL. Mine grew in 2 weeks and had to start thinning out the excessive plants, lol.

Actually, I had some pretty bad algae going on at the same time, so I had to do a major trimming - so all my plants were wee and needed to grow a lot to get to the top of the tank again (the full 22")!. So yes, it took a month.

Edit - oh, and I got off my schedule of dosing ferts - so they grew a little slower in that respect. oh, and I am dealing with some of the algae again...sigh.

i run the air hose from my DIY CO2 bottles directly into the intake of my Powerhead..works great! :D

Back
Top Bottom