In-Line CO2 Reactor w/ Fluval 406

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking at getting an inline reactor instead of feeding my co2 tube into the intake of my 406. I've looked at a few online and most are pictured with smooth tubing like the kind eheim uses, but the fluvals have the ribbed style, so I don't know how well those will attach. I'm hoping that someone here has the same situation and can make a recommendation based on their experience.

Thanks as always!

I put an inline reactor with my fluval 206. I had to replace the hose with clear vinyl tubing, but had to get creative on the return spout.

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 375
I'm confused why this is necessary. Does fluval use a proprietary hose size? You can usually coerce the plastic tubing onto larger inlet/outlet sizes with some boiling water and upper body strength

The problem I encountered was trying to get the ribbed hose to sit on the hose barb, snug, without leaking. I was afraid to use a hose clamp on the outside of the fluval hose, as it is more rigid and thin-walled than typical vinyl hose and I was afreaid of cracking the hose. I just swapped out the fluval hose for standard vinyl hosing, but in order to make a close U-bend in the line, without kinking I wanted to stick with the fluval hose. I used the rubber fluval end that allowed the ribbed hose to connect to the canister to connect the vinyl hose to the fluval hose.

Fluval also sells Hagen Fluval Fluval Ribbed Hose Adapter - 2 Pack Aquarium Canister Filter Parts that allow you to connect directly to a vinyl hose or hosebarb.

Thanks for that link ^^^. I picked up a set and I should be able to use those to attach the ribbed hosing to the reactors I've been looking at.

I replaced mine all the way on the return side with vinyl. Didn't use the adapters, just hose clamps.

Back
Top Bottom