Inline co2 diffuser for canister filters. DIY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a Marineland 350 pro canister on a 40g breeder tank that I wanna go hi-tech on. Is there a cheap way of doing a diy diffusion inline? I have access to alot of the plumbing parts but just need to know if its feasible with the magnum 350. I, like everyone else just want as close to 100% diffusion as possible.

Yeah, simple. Especially with the marineland vinyl hose (I think the 350 hoses are 3/4" ID, right).

There are lots of threads. There is a pretty good article on AA somewhere too. Here is one I found online. Aquaticscape.com

google DIY CO2 Reactor.

I used (1) 14" of 1 3/4" PVC, (2) couplers, (2) 1 3/4" to 3/4" MIP bushings, (2) 3/4" MIP to 5/8" elbow hose barbs, (1) brass threaded hose to barb (the smallest barb they carried).

I used the gray PVC cement and had some marineland bioballs lying around. You can see the finished product here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/diy-drop-checker-and-co2-system-247194.html#post2337137 Spraypainted with Rustoleum.

Let me know if you end up wtih any questions, but its pretty straighforward.

Back
Top Bottom