Installation Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mohican

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just received my AquaTek regulator and the sticker shows to "unscrew" to close and open clockwise? Am I reading this right? The threading is reversed?
At first part installing, leave ALL valves closed. The slowly open co2 tank, then regulator slowly (clockwise), then needle valve?

Also, what material is the good O ring in between regulator and CO2 bottle?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121215_231532.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121215_231532.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20121215_231558.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121215_231558.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
Yes - many gas fittings are reverse threaded.

And yes, you want to make sure everything is closed when you attach the regulator. If the valves are open, it can damage the gauges and also the needle valve.

A rubber o-ring is fine for a seal.

Just to have this straight, once regulator mounted. Unscrew regulator valve (-) until no tension. With needle valve wide opened, turn on (open) co2 tank valve most to all the way open. Use the regulator valve at this point to (+) to begin dialing in bubble, with use of needle valve? What is good operating pressure, 30?

Got the regulator on and running. Tank pressure about 800 psi, operating pressure about 30 psi, bubble count about 2 bps. Does this all seem right? Looks OK.

Just so anyone reading this is clear, the main valve isn't reverse threaded, just counter intuitive. Clockwise still screws it in, but 'tightening' actually opens it. Of course, your regulator might be different, so plan accordingly.

The connection from the tank to the regulator is reverse threaded, iirc. Maybe I am off on that, but I thought I remembered that to be the case. I sold my full size regulator awhile back and use my little YA 72 now, so It has been awhile...

Back
Top Bottom