iron vitamin in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The iron for plants is called chelated iron. If the vitamin was only that it might work but the strength is what might be bad. Too high iron can be bad for plants. OS.

I use chelated iron in my tank. I carefully slide the pill apart and let a pinch of iron fall into the tank every water change.

AS cheap as a bottle of Seachem Iron & Mg is why take the chance of putting unknown stuff not intended for aquarium use. I spent too much on my fish and plants to take the chance and save 50 cents. Vitamins aren't that cheap anyway. A 500 ml bottle of Seachem is like $6. You dose 1/ml per 10g every week, once a week. That will last a long time. OS.

AS cheap as a bottle of Seachem Iron & Mg is why take the chance of putting unknown stuff not intended for aquarium use. I spent too much on my fish and plants to take the chance and save 50 cents. Vitamins aren't that cheap anyway. A 500 ml bottle of Seachem is like $6. You dose 1/ml per 10g every week, once a week. That will last a long time. OS.

Good to know. On another thread (mine) you mentioned the addition of iron but I forgot to ask how you would supply it.

Back
Top Bottom