Is High Temp stoping my plants from growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank 75 gal has been up and running for about a month now, my plants are not growing! :?

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 2

Dosing Excel and K

Ph 8

Lighting is 2.13 wpg

My temp has been steady at 90!

fish seam fine, but plants will not grow....Thoughts?

see sig for list of plants and fish

Maybe you need a CO2 setup for a tank that size(your myinfo says you arn't using one) hows it that hot at anyrate i hope your heater isnt set that high

How warm is this house? or rather do you have air conditioning? If you house is pretty warm you'll need to resort to other methods like fans to get that temp down. On the other hand if you've got air conditioning and the house is down in the 70's while the tank temp remains high, there's probably a problem. Possibilities include a heater that is defective and stuck on or lights that are putting out lots of heat raising the temp. If it's the heater you need to get it replaced with something reliable. If it's the lights, it's back to the fans again.

Purrbox said:
How warm is this house? or rather do you have air conditioning? If you house is pretty warm you'll need to resort to other methods like fans to get that temp down. On the other hand if you've got air conditioning and the house is down in the 70's while the tank temp remains high, there's probably a problem. Possibilities include a heater that is defective and stuck on or lights that are putting out lots of heat raising the temp. If it's the heater you need to get it replaced with something reliable. If it's the lights, it's back to the fans again.
no AC will try the fan idea

Do you dose any trace ferts?

I understand the nitrates could be coming from the fish and the phosphates are pretty high.But what is adding the Mg the Ca the iron etc.?

Without the traces the plants can't use the macros.

IceH2O said:
Do you dose any trace ferts?

I understand the nitrates could be coming from the fish and the phosphates are pretty high.But what is adding the Mg the Ca the iron etc.?

Without the traces the plants can't use the macros.
phosphate ar that high from tap water....

do you think it is possible i am not getting enough trace from tap water?

Mg and Ca should be fine, my water is liquid rock...

PH 8.0
KH= 250.6 ppm
GH= 179 ppm

got temp down to 83, also picked up a bottle of flourish comprehensive, will give that a try

Back
Top Bottom