Is my Anubis melting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well title says it all. Here's some pics
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424888618.181610.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424888642.295633.jpg
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It's Anacharis not Anubias.

Trim off the sickly part and replant. Are you adding any ferts ?
Do you have any fish that might be eating the plants ?

There at least three species of plants sold as Anacharis. One of them cannot be kept in warm water and will die off. So if you keep losing your Anacharis, you may need different plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's Anacharis not Anubias.

Trim off the sickly part and replant. Are you adding any ferts ?
Do you have any fish that might be eating the plants ?

There at least three species of plants sold as Anacharis. One of them cannot be kept in warm water and will die off. So if you keep losing your Anacharis, you may need different plants.

Oops I meant anacharis. I only have Angels in the tank, I'm not adding any ferts and at my lfs none of them were doing this so maybe the ones I have are the cold water species?

Oops I meant anacharis. I only have Angels in the tank, I'm not adding any ferts and at my lfs none of them were doing this so maybe the ones I have are the cold water species?

No the top parts are green enough so I would just cut off the bottom third or the affected part and replant make sure you're spacing them out a little bit so they're getting light down to the lower part since you're putting them in a corner they're getting much less light. One thing you can try doing is floating some pieces until they get nice and green and then you can replant those pieces.

I moved them to an empty spot in the back so they could get some more light. How does it look?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424892712.831790.jpg

Back
Top Bottom