Is this a kind of Hygro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This one came along with a shipment of shrimp and was not looking to hot when I got it... Just them same I decided to see if I could turn it around and it is now doing quite well... Anyone know what this is?

[the one with the long leaves, to the left of the crypt, you can see 3 branches of it]

DSC08063.JPG

If you mean the light green (I assume the plant most hit by the flash or reflection) that is dead center and slightly down and to the left, then I would say it looks very much like hygro. Probably not sunset (look at the veins), but its possible. My hygro is sunset, but only very near the surface when the nitrAtes are low does it become reddish. Most of the time it looks just like yours.

7Enigma - yes that's the one.

rkilling1 - It is kinda hard to get a good picture of it where it is. The top of the larger stem is starting to show a bit of pink, but it is nowhere near the top of the tank yet. Still very small. Here are a couple of top-down shots:

DSC08100.JPG

DSC08095.JPG

I agree with 7Enigma and Jchillin, that it is a form of Hygrophila polysperma.

It looks like regular Hygro polysperma to me. I have some Ceylon as well as the regular and its leaves are skinnier than that. Could be Ceylon, but with wider leaves, though I'm leaning more towards regular polysperma.

Hard to say until it grows out more. Does not look colorful enough to be ceylon. It is either unhealthy ceyon, or very healthy regular green hygro.

Back
Top Bottom